Its been a long time since my last post, but i can finaly release what we (Raul, and myself) have been working on. The particle surface polygonizer v0.1a
A lot of time has gone into refining this code. So take a look and help us remove further bugs.
As my development environment is windows 32, you may find that the patch doesn’t work at this stage for linux or osx or maybe even 64 bit Windows but hopefully that will be fixed with the help of the blender community
It builds ok for me on Win7 MSVC express, using CMAKE with the following flags off WITH_BUILDINFO, WITH_IMAGE_OPENEXR and WITH_GAMEENGINE
This should be patched against revision 41360,
- Single core/Domain free implementation
- caching/baking for 3d view replay
- Motion plotting for stretching the points based on velocity vectors of the particle.
- 3 distance field functions to choose from
- Surface addition/subtraction from a particle second surface
If someone wants to provide builds that would be great.
I’ll try to update this patch regularly
I’ll also try to post up a guide/tutorial soon
Please contact me with feedback/bug reports
DISCLAIMER: It is hoped this surface polygonizer will be useful, but is provided WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE